Monday, September 21, 2009

Everyday Life

Abby will be 2 on October 1st. She only sleeps through the night about 50% of the time. Needless to say, it gets quite tiring for me. Before any of you think, "She just needs to let her cry", let me just say that I have done that many, many times and the girl will seriously cry all night long. Sunday night for instance, she went to bed at 8:00 p.m., woke up and cried from 1-1:25 a.m., woke and cried again at 3-30 a.m., then again from 4:48-6:09 a.m. I know that one for sure because I finally went in her room, picked her up, brought her back to our room and put her in the swing. It's probably strange to put a 2-year-old in an infant swing, but when you're as tired as I am, you really don't care. :)

She does look peaceful though. :)
Micah loves to color. I bought him one of those velvet pictures that come with markers from the dollar bin at Target. He promptly came home and colored to his little hearts content. He was really proud of the finished product.

Abby eating a smore. Micah loves them, but she wasn't too sure how she felt about the gooey marshmallow.

Micah devouring his smore. He loves every single bite. You can see his cute friend, Noah, in the background a little. We discovered that he likes smores too.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I know what you mean about some kids just not doing the "left alone to cry" thing well. I babysat a cousin like that for a week and a half. It's harder than it sounds, so kudos to you!