Friday, July 16, 2010

"I Want To"

Last night, we took the kids to Trafalga to do some miniature golfing. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a good time just doing their own thing. They didn't really like it when we tried to show them how to hold the golf club correctly or when we tried to keep score, so we basically just let them do it their way. After about the 10th hole though, Abby started to tire of golf. She was wandering and exploring things a bit too much, so I had to stop her and let her know that she could still do what she wanted, as long as it was within the boundaries of the hole we were on at the time. Abby agreed to those rules and then proceeded over to the lights that lined the hole. She kept pulling them down and then put her face up to them. Curious, I walked closer to see what exactly she was doing. When I got to where I could see her clearly, but without her knowing I was spying on her, I realized that she was using the light as a microphone and was singing into it. Her song went something like this, "I want to! I want to! I want to....."

No one has or ever will accuse Abby of not knowing what she wants. :)

No comments: