Friday, June 10, 2011

Kindergarten Graduation

Micah graduated from Kindergarten on May 20, 2011 (yes, I am behind on my blogging). I can't believe my little guy is so grown up. I keep asking him to stop, but he just smiles and says, "I want to get bigger!"


Why is it so hard for me to accept that Micah is growing up? I love watching every new stage, and I love seeing him experience new things, but at the same time, I wish time would slow down a little. It seems like just yesterday, I was crying as I dropped him off for his first day of school. Now, here I was crying again as he graduated.


Here is Micah just before we left for his last day of school. I had actually bought him a super cute shirt to wear for his graduation, but he insisted on wearing this one instead. It's his favorite and he says it's, "Super cool!" He was so nervous that I decided it was best for him to wear something that made him feel good about himself.



Here is Micah as they are getting ready for the program to start. He was so nervous. Nervous doesn't even cover it. Micah does not like attention, and when he feels like all the eyes are on him, it is really hard. Micah was literally scared to death. When the kids came walking into the room, I really wasn't sure if Micah would be with them. But, he was! And, as hard as it was for him to stand up there, with tons of people watching, HE DID IT!!!!!



The whole class!

When it came time to "graduate", Mrs. Anglesey called out each child's name, and they were to stand. When it was Micah's turn, he shook his head, "no". Mrs. Anglesey knew how hard this was on Micah, so she didn't force it.


The whole program was so hard for Micah. This is him right after his name was called. He just couldn't stand up. He wanted too, so badly. I was silently praying that he would have the courage. So, even though he wasn't able to stand for his name, he did get up there. He stood still while the other kids sang, but he was there, with his class- silently struggling the whole time. As I watched him, my heart ached. I really thought about going up there and sitting with him. But, I held myself back and just watched. Hard as it was, I knew he had to do this on his own.


And, can I just tell you how PROUD of him I was? I've had proud moments as a mother, but this one was way up there! My little guy got up there and did something that was so hard for him. There is still progress to be made, but this was HUGE!


This is Mrs. Kitchen (the class aide) and Mrs. Anglesey (Micah's teacher). Micah adores both of them. I think he even had a little crush on Mrs. Anglesey. I found her name, with a heart around it, drawn on several papers.


Micah learned so much in Kindergarten. So much in fact, that at his end of year testing, he scored 100%!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

You are such a good Mom Carrie. Teacher crushes are so cute :)