Sunday, January 16, 2011

Abby's Dance Recital

Ever since I can remember, I've dreamed of the day that I would have a little girl of my own who would dance in a dance recital. I danced when I was a child and loved it. I hoped that would be the case with my own daughter, so I put Abby in dance lessons in August. She has loved every minute of it.

Her very first dance recital was last week and she stole the show! She started off really paying attention to her teacher (who was standing in front of the stage so the girls could watch her do the moves), but about half way through the dance, she decided that it would be more fun to do a dance of her own creation. So, she finished the routine with something of her own creation. It was adorable!

Just before her dance began (her class was the second dance of the show), they turned the lights off so the audience couldn't see the kids going on and off the stage. As Abby's class was coming on, I heard her say, "I can't see my mommy!" I don't think she was too worried though, because when the curtains came up, she was in full Abby form.

Our beautiful little dancer.

One of Abby's favorite moves (which was choreographed by the teacher) was the one where they sit down and tap their heels on the floor. Anything that makes a lot of noise is fun for Abby.

Paying attention to Alexis (her teacher). Isn't that costume just the cutest?

After her dance was over, we were all laughing and clapping so hard. I even found myself crying. Just tears of happiness from a very proud mommy.

For the shows finale, all the dancer came out on stage for their finally bows. Abby was holding the hand of one of the assistants, when she noticed a little girl in her class, that was sitting at the front of the stage (her mom was trying to get her to go up on stage). Abby kept pointing to this little girl and looking at the assistant like, "Can't you see her? Aren't you going to get her?" After pointing and looking at her several times, Abby decided to take the matter into her own hands. So, she broke away and ran to this little girl. She tried to get the little girl to come with her, but the little girl wasn't having it. And then, Abby noticed that the curtains were closing, so she ran back to her class and spot on the stage, just as the curtains closed on the night.

Ahhhh
...we love this girl!

No comments: