Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Baby is in Preschool

Abby started preschool today. She was so excited and asked several times when it was time for "my cool". She did great too! She was a bit nervous when I left, but Mrs. Stephanie said she warmed up in no time and fit right in. She said that Abby followed directions really well and made friends very quickly. I am so excited for this new adventure in Abby's life, but I would be lying if I said it didn't choke me up a bit. She is my baby and the last one to do these things. I guess I just got a first (Micah) and a last (Abby), no in-between to get used to.
Abby picked out what she wanted to wear. We keep her "good" clothes in the closet and she knew, without me telling her, that that was where her school clothes would be. Doesn't she look cute?

I took her shopping this past weekend, for a new backpack. Every kid needs a backpack when they start any sort of school. At first, Abby picked a giant, yellow, Spongebob backpack. I was freaking out a little about that. Then, she saw this one and was trying to decide between the two. I was so relieved when she chose this one. It's adorable and unique.


Here is Abby with her teacher, Mrs. Stephanie. She's great! Micah went to this preschool when he was 3 too. Abby got a little nervous when I turned her over to Stephanie, but by the time I picked her up (2 hours later), she was hugging Stephanie and telling her, "I see you ater". Preschool wiped her out though, because less than a minute into our drive home, she zonked out in the car.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

She is so cute! I love her backpack!

Nathan said...

Totally unrelated, but I LOVE that she and my daughter are in dance class together.

I can't wait for the recital.